Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Do you consider yourself to be forward-thinking and driven to provide excellent client solutions? If so, an exciting career in advertising at 1604.TV might be for you! 1604.TV is the new Internet Television Network based in San Antonio and we are expanding our advertising sales team!
We are seeking an Account Executive to assist and sell local advertisers a variety of advertising opportunities. We are looking for a candidate who likes to work hard and see results. If you consider yourself to be well organized, self-reliant, articulate, flexible and capable of working under pressure, we want to talk with you.
You should have a strong sales record, excellent organizational skills and seek to understand the details, not just note them. The expectations of this position are to focus on selling advertising in the exciting new Internet Television platform, while maintaining a professional image and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for client relationships, driving advertising sales in the Greater San Antonio - New Braunfels area, working closely with production teams on client creative, strategic thinking and analytical skills. Task management and execution are also very important and include information collections, analysis and communication with internal teams and clients.
Strong leadership, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills are all a must. The chosen candidate will be flexible to travel as needed. Chosen candidates will be rewarded with a base plus generous commissions and advanced sales training & support!
You will be responsible for selling commercial time on local avails, sponsorship of local original productions and 1604.TV sponsored events, and other new products as they are introduced.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Solicits customers through telephone and in person presentations.
• Identifies demographic advertising needs.
• Creates and proposes advertising recommendations that best suit customer needs.
• Prepares accurate advertising contracts on behalf of the company.
• Submits all advertising contracts and schedules to the Sales Manager for approval.
• Prepares various reports as required.
• Completes all sales related paperwork including reports, traffic, credit applications, etc.
• Coordinates and assists with production plans, when necessary, assists in coordination of external production.
• Adheres to all office policies, including recommended rates and packages.
• Attends and completes all aspects of sales training programs.
• Adheres to collection procedures including processing of client contracts and confirmations.
• Assists with special projects that may be assigned.
• Stays abreast of competitive conditions.
• Is actively involved in community activities and charities.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and have reliable transportation.
• Must be willing and able to travel within the Greater San Antonio - New Braunfels area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Marketing or equivalent experience.
• One to three years cable, broadcast (or other media) direct sales experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with computer software and technology.
• Good working knowledge of marketing research.